Sorry it's been a few days since I wrote last. So much has happened so I hope I, once again, dont jumble it all up and forget something.
First things first, Allie is 4 lbs now!!! She hit that milestone over the weekend and I just cant believe it. I dont know how many times I can say it,but she is honestly a totally different baby! Every little ounce she gains just turns her into someone new...and I love it! I love knowing she is getting big and strong! I cant wait to see what the future holds for her!
She's still on cpap...they trialed her on nasal cannula but she went for about 6 hours and then needed some additional help. I try not to be bummed when things like this happen...I need to remind myself that she's not even supposed to be on the outside right now and that her body isnt fully developed yet.
They took her off feedings as she was having what was called dumping syndrome. So she was outputting about just as much as was being given to her. She went off breast milk last week because she wasnt absorbing it and they supplemented with a formula called neocate...it's made there at the hospital and boy does it stink! But she still wasnt absorbing much of the formula either so they took her off feeds for a day (which was yesterday) and they are going to try and tiny amount tonight...ike 2 cc's. Im hoping her intestine just needed a break!!
Just today though, she had her bloodwork done as they usually do on Mondays and some of her numbers were off...which usually is an indication that she might be getting sick or something's going on. The nurse said they werent awful...just teetering on the low side. Then they took a CRP which indicates if there is inflammation in the body and her level was slightly elevated as well. Because of this, they drew more blood and sent off a culture from her broviac. I am praying and hoping that this culture does not come back positive. The last thing Allie needs is an infection in her blood. And if they eventually discover that its coming from her broviac (which i also hope doesnt happen) then that will be a whole other can of worms to deal with. Allie needs her broviac like she needs air...its her life line for fluids and nutrients. Im trying hard not to think about it for now.
So now we wait for the first culture result tomorrow and then of course the next 2 days after that. She also got a blood transfusion today which will hopefully help her feel better!
Please keep her in your prayers! Poor baby girl doesnt need something else to worry about!!! I have lots of pictures to post...Ill try to get that done later today or sometime tomorrow!!
xoxox
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment