She is on CPAP now as well instead of a ventilator...no tube down her throat! YAY! It looks more like scuba gear and I cant help but laugh sometimes when its on her tiny head. Ill post a picture below so you can see :)
The 2nd best part of this week, is that she finally had a negative culture for her bacterial infection!!! SUCH wonderful news!!! It makes me so happy to know that she is probably finally feeling better on the inside!!! Her culture also came back negative from her spinal tap! OH YEAH! I didnt mention that...my poor girl had to have not one, but TWO spinal taps to make sure her spinal fluid had not been infected. They didnt get any fluid the first time so she had to get another a day later when they finally got what they needed. I know it was something that needed to be done, but I hate that she had to have it twice. Again, I dont know how this little girl does it! So amazing :)
So yeah...negative blood culture, negative spinal tap culture, WHOO HOO!! Life is good for now!! Our next hurdle will be introducing her back to feedings. They will start off slow and make sure she is processing it before upping her feedings. I hope she does well!!
We have been lucky enough to catch Allie, almost daily, being awake and alert with both eyes open...just lookin around and hanging out. We even hear her cry more! Its usually when they are messing with her CPAP gear, changing her diaper, or lifting her up to put her on one of our chests...but we love to hear her. I get to do a lot more hands on things for Allie now too...I take her temperature, change her diaper, grease her up with aquaphor, wipe her little goopy eyes, and Ive even lifted her when they go to weigh her. It totally helps me feel more like a mom and helps me feel like I am actually doing things for her and helping her.
All in all, its been a great week! Here are some pictures from Allie's first week post surgery! We are totally loving our little girl!!!
Allie rockin CPAP <3
Just hangin out after skin to skin...waiting for her CPAP to be put back on...love when her eyes are open!
Love catching funny faces :)

No comments:
Post a Comment