Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were pretty much a breeze. I have no pain, no more leaking really and Allie sounds wonderful on the monitor. Dr. Elliott comes in to tell me he will be leaving on vacation for a whole week! So we make a deal that I will be here when he gets back on August 1st and that is that.
We also got to speak with Dr.Naglie who is a neonatalogist here at Saddleback. He pretty much came in to talk to us about what to expect with a 27 week old baby (if I indeed deliver anytime soon). We went over concerns they would have and her chance of living (94%!!) and talking with him made me feel a lot better. I love when doctors are honest but also deliver honest news with grace and understanding. So we learned all kinds of information that day and I put it in my back pocket since I knew I wasnt going to deliver soon anyways ;)
I was a pretty boring patient up until then. Thursday night I started having some light pressure/pain in my stomach...was able to take some motrin which helped a lot...didnt think anything of it either. It kind of just felt like gas pains or a stomach ache that would come and go. Again, no big thing didnt hurt too much..uncomfortable at the most. Ha! Little did I know!!
The "pain" I was having was becoming more "on" than "off"...to the point where I actually started timing them. Once I got to more than 6 "pain episodes" in an hour, the nurse decided to give me a shot of terbutaline. I think once I got that shot, it finally set in that my little episodes of pain were most likely contractions! Thankfully, the terbutaline did its job and the contractions became WAY less frequent.Problem solved...for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment