Within 2 days she was off the ventilator and on to nasal canula...and a few days after that she was off the canula just breathing on her own! So amazing! Im so thankful for the 2 rounds of steroid shots I got as I think that was a big reason why she was doing so well!
She is just beautiful...and looks just like her dad!! haha Im still trying to figure out if there is anything of "mine" in her...haha but I have yet to find something! I'm totally ok with it though ;) She is just so wonderful and I can't believe she is ours! We are so very lucky to be her parents.
She has had many visitors and people that want to meet her...it's so fun to show her off! She's pretty much the first preemie baby we have had in our family and everyone already loves her to pieces.
We love our nicu nurses and doctors. They are so nice and so accommodating and are making us feel at home. They have some really wonderful people working there.
Allie is a wonderful baby! I cant wait until she has her own voice and we get to hear her really cry. I know I might regret saying that later but I dont care! Its funny how much you want all the normal things to happen when you find yourself in a different situation. We hear little squeaks when she gets her diaper changed as apparently she's not a fan of that, but I like that she is developing a little personality and shows when she isnt happy! I will take whatever progress I can get!!
The best day of this week was Friday, July 29th...and not because it was my 30th birthday (haha but that did make it just that much better)! That was the day I got to hold my daughter for the first time! There are no words to describe it!!!
She is just so super duper small! I'm almost afraid to touch her but at the same time I need to remind myself that she's not as fragile as I think she is. She tolerated skin to skin very well! I was so happy to be able to hold her for almost an hour!!
Here are some more photos from her first week of life!!
Love this teeny tiny little girl xoxoxox

Congrats!!!! She's so adorable. I wish you all well in your continued journey.
ReplyDeleteShe has your strength.
ReplyDeleteLove the photo of you holding her for the first time. Brought tears to my eyes. Best birthday present EVER!
~Junebug from TB
She's so precious Melissa! Just caught up on your blog...parts of your posts made me cry. Beautiful story, beautiful Allie, beautiful family. Here's to reading more posts about a healthy baby!! xoxo
ReplyDelete