Monday morning...all is good. I lazed in bed with Halo...had some breakfast and laid on the couch watching tv while waiting for my dad to come pick me up around 1 to take me back to my parents house for the week. Everything was good until I went to get my phone charger out of my luggage...
Fluid. Clear fluid just starts running down my legs. Enough to where I started forming little puddles on the floor. Not good.
So of course I start flipping the eff out. I call Michael, finally get a hold of him telling him I think my water broke. He leaves work to come and get me. Call my mom to let her know and just sit on a towel on the couch waiting for Michael to come get me. I keep telling myself everything is going to be ok...I mean, Im in no pain...it wasnt a huge gush that I would imagine my water breaking to be..so who knows...I could be totally wrong in the thought that it was my water...haha maybe it was just pee! I would rather go to the hospital and leave embarrassed than have it actually be my water breaking!
Michael makes it home in no time and my sister in law Stephanie also came over to help me. I get to say good bye to Halo this time assuming they will put me back on hospital bed rest and we leave. I swear we made it back out to Saddleback in 15 minutes...haha Michael didnt take his foot off the gas pedal once!
My mom is already there by the time we arrive and they check me in...haha the nurses are shocked that Im back so soon and we joke around that I just couldnt get enough and had to be back near them. Dr. Vu comes in to confirm if my water had actually broke or if it was just urine...as soon as he went to check, THAT'S when I felt the gush...he didnt even have to check any further to confirm what had happened.
I was immediately hooked up to IV's and got my 1st of 2 steroid shots...so Ive had steroids at 24 weeks and now steroids at 26 weeks.
Good times.
Thankfully...Allie didnt show her face that day. Ive still had no pain or anything...no contractions pick up on the toco and Allie sounds beautiful on the fetal monitor. Now we wait! Hoping I can get a few more weeks out of this little girl! Never in a million years did I imagine my water breaking at 26 weeks. Its just something you dont prepare for and scares the CRAP out of you when it happens. So here I sit in the hospital again...definitely staying here until I have this little girl...so much for 'at home' bed rest!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment