Monday, August 22, 2011

Leaps and bounds and gainin pounds

Sweet little Allie (as of last night) weighs 3lbs 9 ounces!!!!! I can't believe it! I felt like she had been stuck in the mid 2's for such a long time...she has definitely started to pack on the weight ;) and I love that its a GOOD thing!!! She's starting to look different every day!
One of our favorite night nurses, Kelly, was SO nice enough to start putting her in onesies!!! I love that they fit and she looks so cute!!! A baby wearing clothes usually isnt a big deal but it was a HUGE deal to us! It was the first time we had seen Allie in anything but a diaper for almost 4 weeks!! I look forward to dressing her in all kinds of cute things as she gets older!
Another big bit of news is that Allie is off all of her antibiotics!!! YAY!!! This girl was on about 4 or 5 different antibiotics when she was so very sick...it makes me heart to happy to know that she is doing well enough and her body is recovering well enough to not need them anymore. She has to feel so much better, I imagine! Im still looking forward to the day where she gets her broviac taken out...but I know that wont be for a while until she is on full feeds and not needing her TPN or lipids.
Speaking of feeds, she is doing GREAT with the feeds that she has been getting so far! She's on stimulation feeds...which is 1cc per hour on a drip...and JUST yesterday they bumped it up to 1.8 ccs an hour! WOOT! I love that they are taking their time with this and giving plenty of time for her stomach to get used to the food and digest it all properly.
I cant say it enough, I am just so very thankful for my little girl. I hate that she has had to go through all of this, it absolutely breaks my heart; but I am so so so SO thankful she is still here and fighting through it. Michael and I are so lucky that we were blessed with such a strong little girl. I cant wait to tell Allie stories about this time when she is older. She is a miracle in every sense of the word and has taught me so much already.
She is still on her CPAP but that's ok...maybe another week or two. I cant wait to see her off of that...I can tell it really bothers her sometimes and the nasal cannula is just so much easier for her to adjust to.
Here are some new pictures of my little sweetheart!!


4 comments:

  1. AHHH! The heart onesie! I love it. She looks too adorable. I'm seriously on pins and needles to meet that precious miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa she's so beautiful..n love the clothes on her she's definitely changing to a lil girl <3nikole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the one of her holding her CPAP, awww.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, she is just gorgeous! I need to get there ASAP and get some pictures too!! <3

    - Brit

    ReplyDelete