Tuesday, August 16, 2011

All caught up 8/13 - 8/15


Hopefully I can get these days organized seeing as there are only 4 of them :)

August 13 - Happy Birthday Aunt Lorraine!! We made our usual morning visit to see Allie and she's just as cute as ever. She even finally got to meet her Aunty Mel and Uncle Andrew! Although if everything works out, she will eventually call them her mother and father-in-law seeing as we're already trying to promise her to their son Ryan who was born 2 days after her!! He's such a heartbreaker already...I know they will just fall in love when they are older! She will be a lucky girl ;)
They tried to reintroduce feedings to her but not even a day went by and it was coming back up from her tube with green green bile...a sign that her bowel just isnt ready yet so they are giving it a few more days until they try again! I hope its just a small little bump and that next time they try it will be easier for her belly to digest! It was pretty much a quiet day...which we love :) Here are more skin to skin pictures...Michael is such a good photographer :) I will forever cherish these photos with my baby girl <3




August 14 - Another fun day in Allie-land :) No major updates and no huge tests going on either thank goodness. Again, just going to share some more skin to skin pictures...I promise I have some of Michael but I just need to download them from our camera. He got some really good ones today so of course I just have to share!!




August 15 - Allie needed a blood transfusion today...no big deal really. She had been having some blood drawn and her numbers dropped a little bit, so she just needed a replenishment! I love having skin to skin time with Allie every day. I look forward to it right when I wake up because I know she looks forward to it too. I usually just talk to her about how amazing she is or what's going on at home or with Halo, and then I sing her a bunch of songs and before I know it, its already time to put her back :( But I try to talk to her as much as possible, even in her isolette, except when it looks like shes in a deep sleep because I hate to wake her. Babies grow most when they sleep so I want her knocked out as often as possible!!

As I posted on facebook, there are a lot of little procedures that nicu babies get done that I particularly dont like to see, like full nose suctions or heel pricks for blood draws.But today, I decided to 'man up' and hold Allie's hand while she got an IV in her other hand for her blood transfusion. I held her hand and talked to her (eyes open, totally awake & alert) and cried for her the whole time. What cracked me up, is that as Im feeling so bad for her and wanting to take away her pain, she's just looking at me like "WTF mom...God, you're so embarrassing!" because she didnt so much as flinch when she was stuck with the needle. Like no reaction whatsoever. Such a pro I guess ;) I felt better about it all when we went to visit later and found out that she decided (after the transfusion thank God) that she was done with her iv and just pulled it out herself. no big deal.

Who IS this little girl?!?! :)


2 comments:

  1. Aww! We made the post! SO excited to finally meet Ryan's future wife. =) She is beautiful. Just precious. Thank you for allowing us to meet her. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH!! She's SO BEAUTIFUL! I can't get over it. Those precious eyes and (what looks to me!) like a smile as you're holding her. How precious. I'm so excited that youre able to hold her every day! What blessings!!

    ReplyDelete