Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Random thoughts 8/16

As I was sitting with Allie today during our skin to skin, I couldnt help but think about how different everything turned out for us.

The majority of women out there have pretty normal, low risk pregnancies. They get to take maternity photos, have their baby showers (with baby still inside!) and bask in all their pregnancy glory. And yes, I know that pregnancy isnt all fun and games...sometimes I'm almost thankful that Allie let me skip out on the last trimester and all the uncomfortable nights and back pain and lord knows what else I missed. At the same time, I would have give anything to experience those moments. I never even got to look really pregnant. I was so looking forward to our maternity shoot which I had actually just emailed the photographer about the day I got put on bed rest...pretty weird huh?!

I cant stress enough, not even just to mothers with normal, healthy, full term babies, but to everyone in every situation...please please please count your blessings. I know babies/kids can be a handful and frustrating and I can only hope that in a few months I will look back on this blog post and say "you idiot...you have no freaking clue what youre talking about!" but right now I'm going to say cherish your beautiful growing, pooping, screaming, fussy children. When you wake in the middle of the night to a screaming child, so tired that you can see straight, please remember all the families out there that dont have a baby to wake up to because their baby is at a hospital in an isolette. Or remember the mother who still gets up every 3 hours to produce milk, only to go back to sleep by herself because her baby is not home for her to feed herself.
Even though our situation isnt ideal, I am still so thankful because I know it could be so much worse. It pains me that parents go through so much more than we have and sadly, some parents never get to take their precious child home.
So please remember to be grateful for this wonderful life. Yes, some things will be really tough and push you to your breaking point, just make sure that the things you get stressed and upset over are worth the energy. I know half the crap I used to complain about SO wasnt worth it. And I hate that this is happening, but now when I hear people complain about the stupidest things it almost makes me mad. There isn't time to sweat the small stuff!! Use your energy to be happy and thankful!!! I know that's what Im going to do from now on!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I love this Melissa...im so blessed for my kids n sure understand...but my understandings is when I lost mom...it's something that no one should ever go through n we ? God so much...but in the end it's all gods plan<3 nikole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Melissa. Well said. <3

    Love you! <3 Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post. So very true.

    As much as the aches and pains of pregnancy are a trial right now, its absolutely nothing compared to the alternatives of an early arrival or another loss.

    ~Junebug from TB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post Melissa- very well said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! Very well said. Prayers every day. Can't wait to meet Allie and have a formal baby shower to celebrate her arrival!

    ReplyDelete