Friday was unlike the days prior. The terbutaline shot from the day before had done its job. I was still having contractions, but they were all over the place as far as timing. I was uncomfortable most of the day but nothing too awful, but then, things changed. Those contractions decided they were going to come more often...usually between 8-10 minutes apart. They didnt feel too great either. Some of them even deserved a bed rail grip because they hurt pretty bad. I cant even explain the pain to you...picture pressure and pain together and that's what it is...almost like super super bad gas pains. Mine never felt like cramps in the beginning...it was purely painful pressure. The 2nd shot of terbutaline finally came and all was well for a few hours.
Oh, forgot to add that of ALL nights, this was the one where I told Michael to go home and get some sleep in his own bed. He had stayed with me in the hospital from Monday thru Thursday and I felt so bad because he gets the worst sleep on the pull out bed they provide. I thought Friday was the perfect opportunity for him to go home and recharge. He even went to his bff's house to hang out and just be normal and do normal things. I kept him updated with the shots I was getting and pretty much whined to him the entire night haha. He's the only one I really cry and whine too so I even if I had to do it via text...it was done! ;)
By the end of Friday I had one more terbutaline shot...that's number 3...and what sucked about that one, was that it didnt even seem to work to me! The contractions we're still coming as if the shot was never given to me at all. They weren't super bad or anything, but the pressure had definitely become stronger and they were becoming more and more uncomfortable.
It's weird...as real as this was becoming, I dont think it was really registering what was happening to me. I think I kept trying to convince myself that the shots would eventually work and that all would be well and I would just lay on my ass until October when I gave birth to a full term perfectly healthy little baby. That little hazy dream was going to be quickly destroyed!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment