Thursday, June 2, 2011

20/20!!!!



Baby girl is half baked today! I can't believe it! Michael and I were just talking about how slow AND fast this time has gone! It seemed like it took FOR.EV.ER. for 13 weeks to come...and after that it all became a blur! I think weeks 14-18 kind of jumbled themselves all together because here we are at 20 weeks already!

I feel like I'm finally starting to 'show' a bit! I haven't gained any weight but what I already had has definitely redistributed itself...I feel like it's lifting up and out which I couldn't be happier about! I'm finally going to start taking weekly pictures now since change might actually be noticeable now!

And in other baby news, I can finally confirm that I feel movement! It's been happening for a little over a week now but I wasn't 100% sure that I was actually feeling the baby. Then about 2 nights ago, I was listening to her on the doppler and matched her loud moving noises with the movement I felt at the same time! It was the coolest thing ever! So I've been feeling her off and on throughout the day. More so while I'm eating or right after a meal. I can't freaking WAIT until Michael can feel her on the outside. I think that (along with hitting 'V day') will be the next milestone I'm looking forward to the most.

And just some fun extra tidbits for you!
We've picked our nursery bedding! I wasn't sure if I just wanted a color scheme or an actual theme, but once I saw this set I really fell in love with it. And Etsy kind of secured my love for it since they have a million things that I can decorate the walls with. So here it is!

It's the 'Love Bird' bedding by Bananafish! For decor we're going to stick with the bird theme and the fun patterns but try to keep with the light colors. I didn't want to go too overboard with pink and I think this has just enough. I hope it looks the same in person as it does online. Its out of stock everywhere so I have to order it and have it shipped out sometime next month. But I already have a long list of things to go with the nursery and I can't wait to start buying! But first we have to empty out the future nursery and choose a paint color! Another thing on the to-do list I guess!


I also got my first 'pregnancy' gift! Well, scratch that, my aunt actually got me a baby book in the beginning and a super cute outfit once we found out it was a girl, but I guess this gift is more functional in that it benefits both me and the baby! It's a good ole Boppy!!! I had registered for one but the other day my mom and I were at Target and I saw a boppy that included the CUTEST slipcover! And so my generous mom bought it for me right then and there! Im discovering more and more that Im obsessed with anything with food on it (baby related anyways) haha...cute little jumpers with ice cream cones or pajamas with cupcakes or suckers...so adorable! I love it all!


Lastly, I'm pretty sure I found my diaper bag! I hadnt really research diaper bags yet as it really wasnt a huge deal to me...I just wanted to find something functional and cute. And where did I find my inspiration for a diaper bag?? In the movie theater watching "The Hangover 2"! Bradley Cooper had the most adorable diaper bag in the movie during the IHOP "Bachelor Brunch" scene! I went right home and googled it and voila! My pretty pretty diaper bag! I've given not so subtle hints to my husband that this would be a GREAT birthday present...haha we'll see what I end up with ;)

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE the bedding with the birds! My daughter has a similar theme to her room. She loves all things in nature, including all the bugs! Good choice! :)

    www.mrstnaturally.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Mrs. T said - the bedding is darling! I'm sure your little girl will love it!

    (Found you on the Toddle Away blog hop. phasethreeoflife.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I cannot believe you are half baked already, Momma! I love love love the bedding, so adorable.

    Thanks for linking up to Toddle Along Tuesday at Growing Up Geeky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new follower from the Toddle Along Tuesday. http://withlovechrancy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the bedding you picked out! She's going to adore her room. :)

    (Following you from the Toddle blog hop! phasethreeoflife.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete