Friday, October 21, 2011

40w1d

Haha! That's how far along I would be had Allie not come so early. My estimated due date when I was pregnant was 10/20. So crazy to think that she should could have possibly still been inside!

I never had a baby shower at work before I had Allie since I was put on bedrest out of the blue. So they so thoughtfully had the idea to throw our shower (Michael and I work together) on my original due date! Such a cute idea!! We all ate lunch together in the main conference room and had cupcakes and punch for dessert!!

Our work has started a GREAT tradition! Instead of purchasing greeting cards (which are usually thrown away anyways) everyone purchases books to start our collection. I LOVED the idea and all the books we got are SO great! And I love that on the inside, each person wrote a special note...whether it be the book they read to their kids or the book that they remember as a kid. I will never want to get rid of them and I can't wait to read them all to Allie.

I work with such a wonderful and generous group of people. We received so many great things for Allie on top of the books and I felt so loved and special. I can't wait to go on a shopping spree this weekend with our gift cards! Im pretty sure I will have crossed everything off my list when I am done! I am so very grateful to have such special people in my life. They have supported Michael and I from the very beginning and they always ask how Allie is doing and always pray for her. I'm proud to call them my friends and not just my co-workers.

Here are some pictures of the cute little "centerpiece" on the table at the shower!!




Love love LOVE the people I work with!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment