Thursday, May 26, 2011

One thousand, four hundred and sixty days =


The number of days my husband and I have been married! Happy 4th Anniversary to us!! I'm not going to be one of those women who sugar coat marriage and say that everything is perfect once you get married...because it's not. It's WORK and you both evolve as people every day so you have to ADJUST and ACCEPT each other for who you are becoming. You SUPPORT each other and ENCOURAGE each other and need to be HONEST with one another...and sometimes making sure you are still doing all these things isn't an easy task.




You get on each others nerves, you bicker, you forget things...you aren't perfect.


But in a marriage, it's being aware that you both aren't perfect. It's being aware that things aren't always going to go your way and that not everyone thinks and acts like you. And most importantly, it's still loving each other and respecting each other despite all these things. You should WANT to work to make your marriage better because it's not going to happen on its own. You should love each other enough to know that what you have will last a lifetime...and that the work is worth it!!



So today I say this to my wonderful husband!
Thank you for thinking that I am worth the work! Thank you for putting up with me, sharing your life with me, for making me laugh, for being there when I cry and for just being there period. Thank you for respecting me, accepting me, loving me despite my faults and always picking me up when I am crumbling. Thank you for taking care of me and making me happy no matter what it takes. And most of all, thank you for making me a mom to this perfect little mango baby. I'm so excited for the next 4 years, and the 4 years after that and the 4 years after THAT! Our life is JUST beginning and I'm so thankful to have your hand to hold through it all. I love you!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment