Thursday, May 12, 2011

Happy Onion Day!!!

More updates because I know you were all on the edge of your seats ;)

#1 - I can't believe we are having a girl!! I am beyond excited and Michael is even more excited than that :) It really puts you in a different state of mind once you know the sex of your baby...I can't explain how or why, but everything feels so much different now! It's so cool knowing that when we hear her heartbeat and hear her moving around on the doppler, that it's actually OUR little girl! Haha we give her a voice and always play around with what we think she's doing in there. Everything is so much more fun now! And the shopping is about to get crazy! Our anatomy scan is the 23rd, and once they 100% confirm what we 99.9% know, then I think I will go on a small shopping spree for our little sweetheart. I can't wait to find some super cute things just for her! <3 <3 <3 She totally has my heart.

#2 - As I suspected, Dr.Conner put me in blood pressure medicine. She started at a lower dose to see how I react to it...it's only been a day and I haven't seen too much of a difference in my readings, but I know things take time...so we'll see what the next week brings. I go back to her on the 25th to see how this dosage is treating me and if shes not happy with my numbers, then we will up the dosage.

#2.5 (because it goes along with #2) - Because of this high blood pressure issue, my Dr. is taking all necessary precautions to make sure that what I have is indeed just chronic hypertension...I hope it's just that as well. High BP can be a sign of Pre-eclampsia which is something that no woman wants to ever have. It can result in permanent bed rest (at home or at the hospital) and can lead to early delivery as well. Keep your fingers crossed that it's just a case of standard chronic hypertension. I will now be seeing a high risk doctor for monthly ultrasounds. They will keep track of baby girl and make sure she is growing as she should and keep tabs on me and make sure I don't start showing more common signs of pre-e. I'm so happy my doctor is all over it! Id rather do everything possible to keep watch now than have them just push it aside and wait until it's too late, you know?

#3 - Names are still being played with...I think we have narrowed down the first name but are still working on the middle name. And no, I wont be one of those that keeps it a secret until they are born. I'll share as soon as we decide. If you don't like it...well, I really don't care ;)

#4 - The search for nursery bedding has begun. I have already laid my eyes on something that both Michael and I really, really like. I'm going to do a little bit more looking around before we make the purchase...but unless I find super fabulous, I'm pretty sure we have found our nursery theme :) Again, once we make a final decision I will post pictures! I'm sure I will need help with decorating ideas for the rest of the room!

#5 - I don't think I have a number 5...that's pretty much it for now!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yayayyayayay! Love you so much! And I'm so glad you decided to name her Jenny.

    ReplyDelete