But for those of you who are not on my facebook...wow do I have a LOT of updates!
Most importantly...

ALLIE IS HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our sweet baby girl came home with us on Monday, November 28th. Needless to say, its been a whirlwind ever since!
We found out she was coming home only days before she actually came home...like we found out Saturday and she came home Monday! So we scrambled to get the house ready (just light dusting and clearing of junk...haha her nursery has been waiting for her for months!) and making sure the car seat was all ready and all those little things like that.
And Monday evening, we said goodbye to some of our most favorite doctors and nurses that had been such a huge part of our lives for almost 4 months. Im surprised I didnt bawl my eyes out, but I think I was so nervous/excited/scared/anxious to bring Allie home that the tears came later. Her primary nurses came in to snuggle with her one last time and say goodbye to us. It was really really hard. It's STILL hard to not see them several times a week and chat and get to know them...I miss them so much and I know Allie does too. But Ive made a promise to myself and to Allie that we will ALWAYS keep in contact with them. I cant wait until Allie gets old enough to understand how important these people are and how much they love her.
We made our rounds around the unit and everyone got to hold her and hug her and it was so wonderful yet so sad at the same time. Kelly, Allie's first nurse at UCI was even the one to take her down and out of the hospital. I like that she was the first and the last. Something I will never forget.
The drive home was weird to say the least. I just sat and stared at her...hoping she was breathing, making sure her belt wasnt too tight, making sure she was comfortable....haha and she just snored away.
We just cant believe she is home! She got her broviac out the day before she came home, so she is 100% wireless! It was the first time we were ever able to hold her and walk further than 2 or 3 feet from her crib. Really really weird.
Not gonna lie...the first 24 hours SUCKED. She was uncomfortable in her pack n play (too big for the bassinet already) and she was congested and had sniffles so I was up more than I was asleep...I had maybe an hour or two of sleep that whole next day. The answer? Put her in her crib in her room. She's been in there since day 2 of being at home and I think we are all A LOT happier that way! She's used to a big crib like she had at the hospital and I think the PnP was just too weird for her and not comfy. She's slept very well in there ever since and so have I!!!
I will put all my other updates into separate posts so this isnt the entry that never ends...but here are a few more pictures!!!
We couldn't be more happy and blessed! We are so looking forward to finally being able to be a family under one roof :)

Mel- I am so happy for your family, I have been checking your blog during the holidays hoping Allie was home with you and your husband. I am always thinking of Allie and keeping her in my prayers. Unbelievable she is 5 months old! Love seeing those monthly stickers ;). Happy belated Holidays!
ReplyDelete