Tuesday, April 12, 2011

NT Scan

12w5d today! OMG! Just typing that totally freaks me out!! I am so lucky to be able to post once again about pregnancy...and actually almost be out of the first trimester. It seems like it has taken FOREVER to get here...but others say time usually flies by after this so we shall see!

I had my NT scan yesterday...it was something we opted to do so we could be as prepared as possible in case our child was going to be born with any mental illnesses or abnormalities/deformities. We knew we would never terminate but wanted to be as informed as we possibly could.

I did the blood work last week, and that along with the measurements taken yesterday will give my doctor a good look at our baby and will see if there are any problems. I expect to get those results at my next appt. on the 26th, so fingers crossed that everything looks good!

Baby is now the size of a plum and gosh it looks so different! I got a wave of a hand and we saw it wiggling around which was just so awesome...I just can't put it into words. I totally thought I would be a crier...like I thought I would cry when we saw it at 6w...I didn't. I thought I would cry when we heard the heartbeat...I didn't. And I TOTALLY thought I would cry yesterday...and I didn't. WTF is wrong with me?! I'm so disappointed in myself!!
But I think I've come to realize that every time I look at that screen...I am just SO in shock and SO amazed that crying doesn't even occur to me. I'm a smiling goon of course...but the awe takes over and I'm pretty much speechless for the entire appointment. That's totally how I was yesterday! I have still be feeling pretty normal...I know how fortunate I am to be one of the few that doesn't have many of the awful 1st tri symptoms!

Here is a profile pic for your viewing pleasure!

Now THAT is a baby! Still creepy to me!! But perfect of course ;)

1 comment:

  1. OMG yay for updated blog posts!!! I'm so incredibly happy for you THREE! You are going to be a wonderful mother and Mike an equally wonderful father. I'm so glad your second chance came quickly and you will get to experience the amazing ride of parenthood come October. And more importantly, I'm so happy that we can be part of this amazing chapter of your life.Yay for Baby Weaver!! <333

    ReplyDelete