13w1d today...can't believe I'm in my 14th week of pregnancy. I think I will always 'not believe' where I am at...I know this is such a blessing and I am just so so thankful for every day that goes by where I can say that I am pregnant.
Earlier in my pregnancy, let's say, week 6-10, I was feeling extremely disconnected from our baby. I was just too afraid to get attached because I didn't want to be heartbroken again. I wasn't one of those "omg Im soooooo in love SWOON!!!" kind of people. I wanted to be, but I wouldn't let myself. I almost didn't want to talk about him/her because I thought it was stupid....stupid to get excited about the future and stupid to talk about something that could possibly break our hearts again.
Recently, however, I've come to realize that my baby deserves nothing but 100% love and commitment from me. It's not their fault that I had a loss before...I shouldn't deprive them of ANYTHING because of something that happened in the past. They deserve it all...everything...110%. So over these last few weeks, and especially last night, I have totally fallen head over heels in love with my precious little peach. And no matter what happens, I will love him/her just as much as I did our first one...because that's what moms do :) Love unconditionally.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yay! So glad you're in the 2nd trimester. I can't believe that I'm heading quickly to the 3rd! Our babies will be here before we know it.
ReplyDelete