Saturday, September 24, 2011

Nursery updates

Michael and I have been super busy with getting the house ready for Allie. And of course, one of the biggest things on our to-do list is her nursery! I knew months back that I wanted to go with a bird theme in her nursery after I saw the 'Love Bird' bedding that I fell in love with and eventually bought.
The first thing I wanted to do was dress up the walls. So aside from some birdie art that I bought off etsy (I'll take pics when they are hung) I knew that I wanted to add some fun to the walls with decals. Someone needs to remind me to never categorize these decals as 'fun' ever again. The finished product is wonderful, but I never knew it would be so hard to put up! It took me 3+ hours to put up 2 decals!! Haha I took pictures of my progress as I went along so I wanted to share!

First I had to cut all the pieces apart and do a mock set up of the way I wanted the tree to look. As you can see the one big tree was cut into 463876349 pieces and it was very important that the pieces were connected correctly or else the tree would look rather sad.


And of course after I did all the work with the papers attached...I had to take them all down and pretty much 'wing it'. Im not one for levelers and crap like that so I kinda just held my breath and hoped I was doing it right!!

Finished product! Not bad huh? The birds, leaves and flowers were the easy part! It was the branches that took the longest! But Im super proud since I put so much time and energy into it! I hope Allie enjoys it!!

This was the 2nd one I put up...no progress shots since it was just 2 sheets of decals that didnt need to be cut up. I know its a little crooked but thats what I get for guessing :( Still happy with it though!!!



And finally, here is a picture of the crib right after Michael built it! I cant wait to take more pictures as we get the other furniture in and find a place for everything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment