Tuesday, November 22, 2011

So many updates

Ok! So I suck at blogging for the most part! All apologies! I dont know how Im going to do it when Allie comes home!

So they upgraded Allie from rice cereal to banana flakes. They had to special order them so she had rice cereal in the mean time. She's been enjoying them in her formula and it weirdly turns her formula this greyish color!

She hit a snag for a weke or two with gaining weight...she was playing with the same numbers for the longest time...not really making any big progress but these last few days I think something just clicked with her body and it's starting to do what its supposed to! She has been gaining consistently the last few days and even hit the 10lb mark!! 10lbs 4oz as of last night!!! Whoo hooo! So thankful!!

She is becoming more "normal" every day! She cries when she is hungry and likes to tell you off if your hands are cold or you're taking too long dressing her. She loves bouncing around and looking at everything around her room. Most of the time she is just content being held and I am more than happy to always hold her :) She is just the light of our lives and I cant believe we were blessed with such a fighter!

Once she gets up to full feeds they will be taking her off TPN (which is HUGE...and is SO much better for her liver) and then after they see that she is still gaining and her bloodwork shows she's still getting the nutrients she needs, then her broviac will come out! I just really hope we dont take another step back and that Allie's gut will continue to do great!!

Here are just a few pictures from the last few days. She changes every day! Its so amazing!



No comments:

Post a Comment